It goes without saying that too much alcohol gives you a hangover. And while the only true “hangover remedy” is to drink less, various research suggests that several natural supplements can ease the symptoms of a bad hangover, making it possible to feel good after a long night out.
What Is a Hangover?
Although there are several factors involved in a hangover, the most prominent culprit is alcohol. For some people, having a single alcoholic drink can be enough to trigger a hangover, while others may drink heavily and still somehow escape a hangover entirely. Everyone’s body is unique and reacts differently from one another. As a general rule of thumb, the more alcohol you drink, the more likely you are to have a hangover the following morning. There’s really no magic formula on how to drink and avoid a hangover.
However unpleasant, most hangovers will go away on their own, or last up to 24 hours. If you’re choosing to drink, please do so responsibly and learn about the symptoms and remedies. Hangovers happen, and that’s why we’ve worked with scientists to develop one of the most trusted and best hangover remedies available with our Cani-Mend oral spray.
Symptoms of a Hangover
You will start to experience hangover symptoms when your blood alcohol content drops significantly after drinking. The full effect of this typically takes place the morning after a night of heavy alcohol consumption. Depending on how your body reacts to alcohol, you may experience the following symptoms:
- Excessive thirst and dry mouth
- Headaches and muscle aches
- Nausea, vomiting or stomach aches
- Tiredness resulting from a poor sleep the night before
- Dizziness, shakiness, and inability to concentrate
- Sensitivity to light and sound
- Mood disturbances, anxiety, and irritability
Contributing Factors of a Hangover
Here at Cani-Wellness, we’ve compiled a list of various factors that may contribute to a hangover so that you can have a better understanding of what alcohol can do to your body.
- Alcohol causes dehydration. When you consume alcohol, your body will naturally want to remove the fluids, causing you to run to the restroom more frequently than when you drink other liquids. To avoid dehydration, always be sure to drink enough water. You will know if you are dehydrated because you will start to feel thirsty, dizzy, and lightheaded the next morning.
- Alcohol can trigger your immune system by causing an inflammatory reaction. After drinking, your immune system can trigger certain agents in your body to produce physical symptoms, such as an inability to concentrate, memory problems, and a decreased appetite.
- Alcohol can irritate your stomach by increasing the production of stomach acid. When the lining of your stomach is inflamed and irritated, this can cause abdominal pain, nausea, and vomiting.
- Alcohol can cause your blood vessels to expand. This can lead to those nasty headaches we are all familiar with when experiencing a hangover.
- Alcohol can make you feel tired and sleepy. Although alcohol can make you feel tired initially, it actually prevents you from falling into deeper stages of sleep, and because of this, you are much more prone to waking up in the middle of the night. This can leave many people feeling groggy and tired the next day.
Key Ingredients that Can Help a Hangover Fast
When you consume alcohol, your body loses important vitamins and nutrients. The most important ones happen to be Vitamin B and C. Research shows that many people who supplement with Vitamin B complex as a hangover remedy, really swear by it. Vitamin B complex is a supplement that includes various vitamin Bs, such as vitamins B1 (thiamine), B2 (riboflavin), folic acid, B6 (pyridoxine), and B12 (cobalamin), among other vitamin Bs. Of these ingredients, vitamin B12 is a key ingredient as it helps with the functioning of the brain and nervous system. When alcohol depletes your vitamin B12 levels, it can seriously affect your mood and heighten your sense of anxiety.
Through our research, a highly recommended vitamin supplement that is great for fighting hangovers is Cani-Mend oral vitamin spray. Jam-packed with key ingredients such as vitamin A, vitamin E, vitamin B1, vitamin B3, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, niacin, glycine, l-cysteine, thiamin and rosehips. It also contains herbal extracts such as oat leaf, licorice root, passionflower, schizandra, ginger root, ginkgo biloba and parsley. Extra vitamins will help replenish those that are lost when overdrinking, and herbal extracts are amazing ingredients with many benefits that are great for the mind and body.
Let’s elaborate on a few of these key ingredients and how they can be great as a hangover remedy.
- Vitamin A is super important for maintaining a strong and healthy immune system.
- Vitamin E contains antioxidants that help to protect cells from being damaged by alcohol intake. It helps with vision, as well as your blood, brain, and skin.
- Vitamin B has been long praised as a hangover remedy and has been scientifically proven to reduce the symptoms of a hangover. Choosing supplements that include B1, B3, B6 and B12 are amazing for boosting your body’s metabolism and replacing the B vitamins that were lost during your fun night out.
- L-Cysteine (N-acetylcysteine) also known as NAC, is one of the best organic compounds used as a hangover remedy. This ingredient is amazing when it comes to combating a hangover and all the negative effects alcohol can have on your body. It does so by increasing your body’s ability to produce certain antioxidants that can reduce the toxicity causing hangover headaches and nausea. Not only that, but it is also a great nutrient for liver support.
- Glycine helps to slow alcohol absorption and supports the detoxification of alcohol. It’s great for keeping your body hydrated and has been known to support the health of your liver.
To learn more about key ingredients that can be hangover remedies, be sure to check out our Ingredients page on Cani-Wellness. Our oral supplement sprays are scientifically formulated with many compact ingredients that work together to bring you the best hangover remedy.
Tips on How to Prevent a Hangover
The only perfect prevention of a hangover is to completely avoid alcohol altogether, but what’s the fun in that? If you choose to drink, moderation is key, but hangovers can still happen from time to time, and that’s why it’s helpful to:
- Eat before, while, and after drinking. Alcohol absorbs faster when your stomach is emptier. That’s why it’s important to eat before drinking, during drinks and after.
- Stay hydrated between drinks. Try to drink a full glass of water after each alcoholic drink so that your body stays hydrated. This can also help you drink less alcohol, which in turn can prevent hangovers.
- Choose your beverages carefully. All types of alcohol can cause hangovers, but certain beverages with a lower alcohol percentage can prevent you from experiencing a more severe hangover the next morning.
- Know your limits and take it slow. Don’t feel pressured to drink and know when you’ve reached your limit.
Cani-Mend My Hangover?
Alcohol is a substance that is toxic at high levels. However, concentrations rarely get that high, so that’s not the main issue. The main issue is that alcohol can cause hangovers the next morning, which can really leave you feeling unwell. It can interfere with your brain activity during sleep, it can scramble your hormones and even trigger migraines. So, here are our concluding suggestions for the best ways to recover from a hangover.
- Drink lots of fluids. As we mentioned, staying hydrated is extremely important for your body. It also helps flush out alcohol throughout the night, and the next day.
- Get carbohydrates into your system. Drinking can lower blood sugar levels, so that nasty hangover nausea and hangover headache might just be your brain working without enough of its main fuel. Make sure to eat before, during, and after drinking so that your blood sugar level is stable.
- Try Cani-Mend oral supplement spray. Cani-Mend is a natural replenishment that provides after-party liver support and works fast to relieve hangovers. It is all-natural, vegan, non-GMO, and completely free of sugar and allergens. Loaded with 11 vitamins, nutraceuticals, and herbal extracts, it is perfect for combating headaches, sickness, and lack of energy after a night of having too many drinks. Cani-Mend is guaranteed to help accelerate your body’s natural healing process as a convenient, fast-acting, and effective hangover remedy.
Cani-Wellness for Morning Recovery
Cani-Wellness is the trusted sports, fitness and wellness line recognized for supplement products that really work. Cani-Boost, Cani-Mend, Cani-Fresh and Cani-Sleep are used by professional athletes, trainers, and television personalities to feel amazing while on the go. Our products offer four convenient natural remedies jam-packed with over 50 vitamins, herbal extracts, and nutraceuticals, scientifically formulated to work better together. They are all scientifically formulated to help with boosting your energy, alleviating hangovers, relieving stress, and enabling better sleep. These oral sprays are fast-acting, effective, and work almost instantly when you feel less than your best. Just uncap, shake, and spray inside your cheek or under your tongue. They even taste great!