Sleep is the foundation for good health and a happier frame of mind. It’s essential to us and we need it just as much as we need food and water. It’s honestly such a game-changer when it comes to how we function, respond and run our day-to-day routines. So if you find yourself questioning when you last woke up feeling refreshed, alert and in a pleasant mood – you may need to consider finding the right sleep solutions to get you sleeping soundly through the night.
With all the hustle and bustle of having a busy life, we can all relate to that dreadful feeling of having to drag ourselves out of bed because we didn’t get a good night’s sleep. And that’s never a good way to start off our day.
Do We Really Need to Get Better Sleep?
If you’re waking up tired and fatigued, it can really take a toll on your memory, concentration and overall mood. You won’t be as productive and that can reflect in your workplace, relationships and daily tasks. It also throws your appetite completely off balance, which can lead to unhealthy food choices that can affect your weight, as well as your mental and physical health.
You might also find yourself feeling irritable, cranky and hard to get along with. That’s really not the most ideal state of mind to be in all the time. It simply isn’t healthy for us.
So if you want to feel your best, and be the best version of yourself, you need to take care of your health, which includes learning how to get better sleep. Unfortunately, there’s really no magic trick that can make this happen instantly. It’s something we have to implement into our lifestyle and consistently maintain.
Here are some healthy sleep solutions that we’ve mapped out for you:
Winding Down for a Restful Night’s Sleep
I’m sure many of us can relate to that feeling of finishing up your night time routine, and finally getting comfortable for bed, but then once you’re there, suddenly you can’t sleep. You lay in bed thinking about your day, your plans for the next day, and remembering tasks and chores that need to be done as you try to pass the time. Or worse, you start scrolling through your phone.
Relaxing before bed can be difficult, but it doesn’t have to be a battle every night. There are definitely tips, guides and tricks readily available to help get you snoozing, and one of them is having a wind down routine to signal to your body that it’s time to sleep.
Tips for winding down:
- Listen to soothing music: Playing calming music in the background can make you feel relaxed, lower your blood pressure and help put you in an easy, comfortable state of mind.
- Read a book: Physical paper books work best as you won’t be staring into that blue light from a screen, but any kind of reading can help you relax and take your mind off worries.
- Dim the lights and schedule technology-free time: Many of us are guilty of scrolling social media and watching shows before we go to sleep. But as we all know, blue light emitted from our screen can negatively affect our circadian rhythm. That’s because bright lights will send signals to your brain that it’s time to be awake. It’s also why we recommend dimming the lights, which can create a serene and relaxing setting. As well, that’s why you should cut off screen time at least half an hour before bed.
- Be exposed to natural light during the day: Getting enough natural light will keep your body clock on a healthy cycle, so be sure to go outside and get some sunlight in the morning or earlier in the day.
- Try a melatonin supplement: Melatonin is a natural “sleep hormone” your body produces to help control your circadian rhythm. Studies have shown that supplementing with a melatonin sleep aid is a great natural sleep solution to help you relax before bed, fall asleep and stay asleep. We recommend the Can-i Sleep oral spray supplement, which is one of the most effective forms of supplementing as it absorbs 93% faster than other methods, and is convenient and compact.
De-Stressing Throughout the Day and Before Bed
Many people often have trouble sleeping due to daily stressors in their life. That means that sometimes we can find ourselves stuck in our thoughts and caught up in a worry. That’s why it’s important to find ways to de-stress before bed.
Tips for de-stressing:
- Gentle yoga poses: Studies have shown that people who practiced yoga reported a significant change in their stress levels and were able to get better sleep. This makes sense because yoga is known to increase relaxation and relieve mental and physical tension.
- Have a bath: Taking a warm bath at least an hour or two before bed can help to relax both the mind and body. Heat can be helpful when it comes to relaxing tense, tired muscles, while also lowering heart rate and blood pressure.
- Meditation: Some people like to dedicate time for meditation in the mornings, while others prefer right before bed. No matter which time of the day you like to meditate, it works as a great stress reliever because it helps clear your mind so that you can rest peacefully at the end of the day.
- Take a stress relief supplement: Can-i Fresh oral supplement sprays are jam packed with many healthy vitamins, nutraceuticals and herbal extracts that are scientifically blended together to help you feel relaxed and revitalized, which is amazing as a daily way of de-stressing.
Create the Perfect Restful Environment
It’s important to create a stress and distraction free environment every night before you go to bed. Whether that means keeping your room cool, dark or quiet, many exposures to certain elements can prolong the quality and quantity of your sleep. It’s honestly one of the most essential sleep solutions for a good night’s rest.
Tips for creating a restful environment:
- Setting the right temperature: When we go to bed, it is completely normal to experience a drop in body temperature as we sleep. As a result, research has shown that the sweet spot for temperature should be between 60 to 67 degrees Fahrenheit. That means that a cooler room is most ideal for getting better sleep.
- Peace and quiet: It goes without saying that a quieter bedroom is better for sleep than a loud one. Even noise at a lower level can cause you to shift to a lighter sleep stage, which means you should strive to keep your bedroom as quiet as possible. But it’s also okay to listen to soothing white noise sounds or calming music, as this may allow some people to feel more relaxed before bed.
- Choose the right bedding: This is important because mattresses and pillows are essential for enabling good sleep. Some people prefer soft bedding, while others prefer firm ones. Whichever is most comfortable for you will make a huge change in your ability to fall asleep.
Can-i Wellness for Sleep and Relaxation
As a leading wellness company that produces high-quality, third-party lab-tested products, Can-i Wellness’ four unique experiences are precisely created to fulfill the demands of both athletes and health enthusiasts. Combining vitamins, nutraceuticals, and herbal extracts into their offerings, the products are designed to function together to provide the best experience possible, resulting in optimal health benefits.
If you are in search of natural sleep aid alternatives, the Can-i Sleep sleep solution contains melatonin and is an excellent option to help you fall asleep and stay asleep. Additionally, Can-i Fresh is ideal for relaxing and calming your mind after a stressful day. Can-i Sleep and Can-i Fresh function optimally together because daily stressors can keep you awake at night. So by taking Can-i Fresh to relax in the early evening, and Can-i Sleep when it’s time to finally fall asleep, you’ll be able to wake up refreshed, revitalized and well rested.